Many thanks to everyone who attended the activists meeting last night. We had over 120 people there, including UCU General Secretary Sally Hunt, who addressed the meeting. After an excellent discussion, we agreed the following:
1) Tuesday 26 January. UCU lobby of parliament. Staff and students from across London to assemble 1pm King’s College London, Strand entrance. Leaflet downloadable to the right*.
2) Wednesday 27 January. Activists committee, made up on one member from UCU, Unite, Unison from each institution, and one student from each institution, to meet 6.30pm, KCL. Room details to follow.
3) Saturday 27 February. Teach-in for staff and students across London, in defence of education against the market, to be held at KCL and organized by the above committee.
4) Saturday 20 March. We support the call for a national demonstration in defence of education and will use all available channels to win backing for this from the appropriate trade unions.
President, KCL UCU
* Text in leaflet may need resizing on different computers.